As an industry-leading academic consulting firm, Optimum Research Consulting is always looking for innovative analysts and editors to join our team. Are you passionate about research, innovation, and assisting others to meet their academic goals? Do you desire a greater flexibility in your work schedule? Do you already have a plethora of research and/or publication experience in academia? If so, then Optimum may be for you.
What qualifications do we desire from our applicants?
- A post-graduate degree from a distinguished institution in one of our core research areas, including Statistics, Public Health, Nursing, Economics, Psychology, Public Administration, and other Social Sciences involving a heavy research background in either qualitative or quantitative methodology.
- A track record of successful publications in academic journals, as well as a minimum of 1 year work experience in a collaborative research environment.
- Extensive knowledge and command of qualitative (e.g. NVivo, ATLAS.ti, MAXQDA) and quantitative (e.g. SPSS, Stata, R, SAS, C, Python) data analysis software is a big plus.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and organizational skills; must be able to manage multiple projects with complete accuracy, and be prompt with any reasonable deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment and responsibility in a team environment, as well as regular availability to answer any client questions.
- Effective communicator who is very adept at dealing with a wide variety of situations and a highly diverse array of clients.
What will you gain from your experience in working as an analyst or editor for Optimum?
- Research experience under the tutelage of MS and PhD level statisticians and qualitative analysts who have teaching and publication experience from top institutions in the United States.
- Opportunities to advance your knowledge of data analysis software in virtually any applied research setting.
- The ability to identify limitations and issues with doctoral research, as well as problem-solving abilities typically asked for by committees at institutions across the world.
- The ability to write and present oneself in a way that will be favorably received by any academic or corporate audience.
- The ability to effectively review, revise, and update any research projects quickly and efficiently.
How to apply
- Send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be sure to include any writing samples which demonstrate your abilities as a writer or a data analyst, or preferably a publication history detailing your accomplishments as an academic researcher. We will review and follow up on any application within about a week.